The Development and Community Engagement Coordinator will play a key role in advancing GGN’s development and community engagement strategy. They will report to the Deputy Director and support a wide range of efforts to showcase GGN’s work and impact in order to build and deepen our relationship with volunteers, partners, allies, and funders. This position includes a mix of administrative work and external-facing, relationship-building work.
The ideal candidate for this position feels connected to our mission and is excited to work with people from diverse cultures to build a more equitable food system. You are organized, pay attention to detail, and enjoy creating and managing systems that run smoothly and support efficiencies. You are also creative, innovative and enjoy developing compelling content that resonates and inspires. You take the initiative on projects from the start and you enjoy bringing people together to accomplish tasks and work towards milestones. Whether you are taking a big step forward as you start your career or making a career shift, you are excited to work in a collaborative environment that values transparency, accountability, and solidarity.
About Global Growers:
Global Growers Network (GGN) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, GA that partners with people from diverse cultures to grow fresh food for their families and for local marketplaces. GGN builds and sustains networks of land, resources, markets, and people in order to create a more equitable food system. We envision a food system that is driven by cultural diversity, local and inclusive economies, and regenerative agriculture practices.
Qualifications and Experience: (Work, volunteer, academic, and other life experiences are all relevant)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in implementing development and community engagement campaigns, including fundraising, account management, and donor relations
- Experience with current media platforms and proven ability to learn new digital tools rapidly (experience working with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Squarespace, and major social media platforms preferred)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills for relationship building and teamwork
- Self-directed working approach and initiative
- Understanding of the context of refugee resettlement and food systems in the Southeast US
- Access to consistent transportation to be able to travel between GGN sites and to offsite meetings