Ecosure has a bold vision to be the best in the world at ecosystem management. By 2030 we want to improve the ecosystems of 100 million hectares and 1000 islands worldwide. Our people live by our culture and our values, they are passionate and driven by their desire to make the world a better, more naturally brilliant place.
If you are passionate, knowledgeable and have experience in ecological restoration and have well developed report writing skills including proposal development and restoration planning, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
We have an opportunity for a Restoration Ecologist to work with our Senior Restoration Ecologist and Principal Restoration Ecologist who are highly experienced across the industry including at a state, federal and international level.
Our SEQ Ecological Restoration Team is undergoing a period of rapid growth and our strategy is to continue to expand into larger, longer term conservation projects. We are seeking a consultant with demonstrated experience in ecological restoration and the ability to provide environmental technical expertise and authorship of proposals, reports and ecological restoration plans.
Ideally you will have strong industry knowledge, coupled with strong project management skills. Extensive experience in ecological restoration and weed management are a key requirement for the role.
Essential Success Factors
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in ecological restoration, project management and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience in site assessment, capturing and managing field data and developing ecological restoration plans and concise reports.
- Authorship and technical review of plans, proposals and reports.
- Demonstrated project delivery with a capacity to manage a range of projects and resources simultaneously within scheduled timeframes and budgets, ensuring health, safety and quality requirements are met.
- High level client relationship management skills, commercial acumen and demonstrated ability to develop client-focused solutions and key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ecological restoration including assisted regeneration, revegetation and weed control.
- Strong SEQ plant identification skills – native and exotic across a range of ecosystem types
- Proven ability to achieve fundamental targets and objectives and in the delivery of administrative and reporting functions in a service driven organisation.
- Self-motivated, passionate, friendly, proactive, professional, positive attitude; reliable and punctual with a high level of integrity and a sound understanding of appropriate behaviours in the workplace.
- Willingness and ability to work in various locations throughout south-east Queensland (e.g. Gold Coast, Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Noosa and wider Sunshine Coast)
- Desirable success factors
- Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or related degree / certification
- Ecological restoration (theory and practice) in a range of ecosystems and degradation levels
- Fire management
- Rehabilitation of areas that cannot be restored e.g. mine rehabilitation, development of water sensitive urban design, soil and erosion management
- Ability to undertake community and stakeholder engagement
- Membership/s held with industry specific bodies i.e. Australian Association of Bush Regenerators, Society of Ecological Restoration Australasia
- First Aid/CPR
- 4WD competency