Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Facilities to oversee each of Gotham Greens’ facilities and property operations. The Director of Facilities will be responsible for overseeing the facility operations for each greenhouse, directing routine maintenance, responding to building emergencies, managing risk, managing third party vendors, and managing a team of Facilities Managers at various Gotham Greens locations across the United States.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system. The ideal candidate will be based out of the company’s New York or Chicago facility.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee, project manage and direct the maintenance of all Gotham Greens facilities and properties
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire safety, plumbing, and waste management
- Directs, schedules, and oversees external contractors (electricians, plumbers, mechanical excavators, roofers, painters, landscapers, snow removal, etc.)
- Develops and monitors department budget, orders equipment and supplies, and monitors inventory at each location
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, safety and security systems
- Contributes to strategic planning by evaluating and projecting future facility needs and proposing options to achieve them
- Ensuring compliance with region specific regulations and laws
- Manage a team of Facilities Managers and Technicians at multiple Gotham Greens locations.
- 8+ years’ experience in physical plant maintenance, with three or more years of supervisory experience
- Excellent project management, organization and leadership skills
- Experience in operational and strategic planning as well as budget development
- Ample knowledge of building regulations and laws
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple locations and projects simultaneously
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capability; ability to think strategically and creatively
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel (20-30%) will be required
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food