Quercus Farm nestled in the quiet town of Gay, GA is home to a commercial cattle business, QC Arena and Quercus Quarter Horses. Come join our team as we transition our property into an upscale guest ranch, complete with outdoor activities and farm to table style dining.
We are seeking a Head Gardener to provide a "farm to table" experience for our future guests. We are in search of someone who is eager to help create beautiful gardens, including flowers, vegetables, herbs, ornamental gardens and fruits. Ideally the Head Gardener will assist in the design, installation and day to day operations of the gardens using biodynamic, sustainable methods. The gardens will play an important role not only for food production, but also for educational purposes and property beautification.
Duties will include:
- Plan overall garden, including but not limited to: amounts, when planted, transplanted, watered, weeded, composted, mulched, harvested, pulled, re-planted.
- Maintain all areas of the garden- Plant, transplant, fertilize, water, prune, and weed flower beds and plant areas.
- Maintain flowers, bushes, trees, and shrubs, including pruning.
- Recognize disease and insect problems of woody and herbaceous plants, and implement controls to alleviate such problems.
- Plant and propagate bedding plants and perennials
- Install, maintain and repair irrigation
- Maintain records as needed
- Safely operate motor vehicles to transport materials and equipment
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Work comfortably outside in all weather
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Work quickly and carefully with good time management skills and a love for working with plants.
- Ideal candidate would have a knowledge of biodynamic farming, pruning, perennials, lawn and garden equipment, food preservation and a background in customer service.
- Experience in crop planning, greenhouse management, planting and garden maintenance, harvesting and post harvest needs, irrigation set up and repair, and composting are desired.