The mission at Prairie Restorations, Inc. is to produce and provide the highest quality, most ecologically appropriate products and services possible to restore and manage native plant communities. In accordance with Prairie Restorations, Inc. philosophy, all team members work together sharing in a common goal of a successful, profitable and innovative company. Team members are to demonstrate professionalism, dedication, resourcefulness, integrity, and accountability. All team members are to demonstrate and be role models for all of these core values on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities Overview:
- To facilitate all PRI activity relating to the development of vegetation on solar properties. This includes both installation (planting) and long term management.
- To develop and manage relationships with solar installers, utilities or other industry representatives.
- To be responsible for bidding, proposal writing and sales for all solar plantings and maintenance.
- To monitor and influence solar probability.
- To help develop and encourage detailed and professional field process.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Coordinating and Managing Installation Projects
- Scheduling installation project tasks in coordination with the Install Project Coordinator (IPC).
- Communication with customer and IPC about project schedule and any changes to project content or process including change orders or contract total changes.
- Awareness of project budget and project progress.
- Completion of both PRI work records and any other client required documents
- Communicate with IPC and Admin Assistant as project tasks are completed and ready to be billed.
Project Materials Allocation
- Communicate with IPC all materials needed (both PRI and external materials) for assigned projects.
- Inspect quantity, quality and specifications of acquired materials before installation on assigned projects.
Completion of project tasks
- Complete project tasks on schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for quality of completed project tasks.
- Project tasks may include soil preparation, mowing, seeding, planting, erosion control, herbicide application, prescribed burning, etc.
- BA in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in restoration and/or managing of native plant communities.
- Minimum of 2 years managing team members.
- Sincere interest in native plant communities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. often.
- Ability to obtain MnDOT Health Card (PRI pays).
- Valid MN Driver’s License.
- Ability to be insured to drive company vehicle by PRI insurance company.
- Comfortable handling herbicides.
- Ability to obtain MN Dept of Ag Pesticide Applicator License(PRI Pays)
- Comfortable with large and small power equipment use.
- Tolerance of working outside in adverse conditions.
- Willingness to sometimes work long/unpredictable hours.
- Strong tractor skills required
- Health Insurance (Optional)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) (Optional)
- Profit Sharing
- AFLAC (Optional)
Prairie Restorations, Inc. is the longest operating full-service ecological restoration company in the United States. We have passionately led the way in the fascinating business of native plant community restoration. Prairies, wetlands, woodlands, and shorelines and native plant landscapes designed, installed and maintained by educated and experienced staff.