Attention data analysts with a love for food, people and the environment. Do you enjoy tracking and interpreting data? Wowing your colleagues with your Excel moves? Translating complex concepts into technical guides and slide decks that inform and inspire your audience? Facilitating progress on social, environmental and economic issues in a way that respects where people are at today? Would you like to apply these skills to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 38 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for interpreting sustainability metrics and complex regulatory information to help organizations better serve their communities. This position will support implementation of programs that improve the economic, environmental and social sustainability of NCG’s member co-op operations.
This is an ideal position for sustainability monitoring software experts interested in having a direct impact on the success of food co-ops and their communities. This position will be based in NCG’s St. Paul, Minnesota office, and requires up to 25% business travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
Key Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking key sustainability metrics that measure NCG co-ops’ progress towards improving economic, environmental and social goals.
- Produce data-driven sustainability reports, presentations, and proposals for internal and external stakeholders on request.
- In close collaboration with NCG Advocacy Manager, draft resources (e.g., technical guides, preferred practices and case studies) to support NCG co-ops’ implementation of relevant regulatory requirements and programs that further co-ops' economic, environmental and social goals.
- Lead webinars to support awareness and adoption of sustainability programs and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate NCG co-ops’ input into advocacy and sustainability programming by coordinating surveys, committees, listening sessions and working groups as appropriate.
- Facilitate NCG co-ops’ input during public comment periods for relevant federal regulations and technical assistance opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, social science, sustainability or business-related specialty related to sustainability, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of work experience in sustainability, hunger and food access, environmental policy, energy efficiency, regenerative agriculture, technical grant writing or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with strong proficiency in Excel, and knowledge of sustainability monitoring and survey development software.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and technical language, then communicate it to a general audience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.