Organic Growers School is the premiere provider of practical and affordable organic education in the Southern Appalachians, building a vibrant food & farming community by boosting the success of organic home growers and farmers in our region. Our hands-on training, workshops, conferences and partnerships inspire, educate, and support people to farm, garden, and live organically.
Organic Growers School inspires, educates, and supports people to farm, garden, and live organically. We are building a mutually supportive network of prosperous farmers, productive gardeners and informed consumers engaged in creating healthy communities.
Scope of Work:
The Program & Communications Associate is responsible for supporting the Program & Communications Directors in all aspects of OGS Programming.
Support, Administration, & Communication (30% of time):
- Answer and respond to general OGS phone calls, mail, and emails regarding all programming
- Distribute relevant communication to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Manage the CRAFT listserv, and other internal and external email lists
- Manage registrations, membership, and attendance tracking for all year-round programming
- Attend external workshops, conferences, and events to staff OGS exhibit tables as able
- Manage records and data including but not limited to:
- Manage and update participant data information
- Manage various data entry for evaluation and reporting purposes
Media & Resource Management (25% of time):
- Manage and update program resource web pages and online registration forms
- Manage and update Apprentice Link & OGS Farm Network online profiles
- Manage, edit, upload, and organize event photos to OGS Flickr account
- Assist with photography & videography at events as needed
Communications & Marketing (30% of time):
- Manage the posting of events in online calendar listings and on social media
- Manage Social Media schedule for relevance, reputation, regularity, and engagement with constituents
- Coordinate the distribution of flyers and mailings for events
- Assist with website updates, including posting to our Press Page
- Maintain list of press contacts for local, regional, national news services
- Assist with coordination of in-kind sponsor relations and deliverables
- Deveop support materials for the OGS Blog
- Administrative support to Marketing & Communications Team as needed
Program Preparation & Logistics (15% of time):
- Assist with ordering, organizing, & distributing conference or class materials, communications, and logistics for all year round programming
- Savvy with and actively engaged in social media
- Familiarity with WordPress and GoogleDrive
- Comfortability learning new web-based project management software
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Innovative. Creative. Flexible. Team Player. Quick Learner
- Solid people skills and experience with customer service
- Experience working remotely
Location: A combination of working from your home office (provide your own computer, printer, and basic office needs) and working in our office at the Smith Mill Works in West Asheville, NC when safe, appropriate, and desired. Events will take place around WNC. Reasonable adjacency to WNC required.
Software/Hardware: OGS will provide all online software needed such as WordPress, Asana, GoogleDrive, etc. OGS does not provide computers and requires each employee to have their own reliable computer and cell phone.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, & 3 references to email@example.com and be sure to put “Program Associate” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled.