Farm Nutrients was founded in 2003 to provide nutrient management for the newly formed Rembrandt Enterprises. We began supplying the poultry litter by-product from the Rembrandt egg production facility to local corn and soybean growers in the Rembrandt, Iowa area. In 2004, Farm Nutrients acquired specialized spreading equipment and hired trained operators to provide growers with exceptional litter application.
About the Position:
The Site Lead position manages all aspects of Farm Nutrients’ contract relationship with the Neosho plant site owner, including managing all on-site manure loadout operations as well as sales of manure from the site, including scheduling of all trucks for manure removal from the site, coordination and delivery of manure to customers, as well as spreading and other land application services. This position supervises and works with the site owner to maintain manure quality monitoring programs as developed by Farm Nutrients. Communicates and collaborates with on-site leadership to ensure appropriate coordination of cleanout and removal between all parties.
The Site Lead will be the designated back up for Scalehouse operations, including, but not limited to managing daily operation of the Scalehouse, organizing maps for delivery to farm fields, and following scale ticket procedures. Must utilize Agvance software to help customers manage their agronomy needs, and develops agronomy services including soil sampling, variable rate application and other services that increase value and profitability. The Site Lead position must understand and convey the market value of organic fertilizers versus commercial fertilizers. The Site Lead will be critical in developing and maintaining relationships with the site owner, as well as customers, haulers and spreaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with the Site owner and Site management, to maximize the value of manure produced at the site as well as sales from the site.
- Sales of manure as organic fertilizer working to find long term customers, understanding their needs and marketing a product that meets their need and maximizes the value to the company
- Develops sales for externally sourced manure as an organic fertilizer
- Ensures all required sales documents are completed correctly and on time
- Understands the market value of organic fertilizers versus commercial and gain insight into competition
- Communicates with customer and Scalehouse clerk to document customer’s needs, field requirements and date field can be hauled and spread so logistics can be managed accordingly
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and gain insight into their needs as a guideline to offer new or additional products or services
- Develops meaningful and lasting relationships with local customers by understanding their needs
- Flags fields as needed to ensure accurate delivery and field identification
- Works with producers to resolve any issues including collection issues
- Communicates with on-site leadership to address needs and develop a cleanout schedule
- Utilizes Agvance software as a service to the customer in managing their agronomy needs
- Develops an understanding of services that would add value to producer and their market value
- Helps develop a sales program for their customer base inclusive of advertising, promotions, and sales calls
- Operates equipment as needed to ensure timely delivery, and spreading of manure (equipment may include loaders, trucks, spreaders, and scale house equipment)
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Agronomy degree or 2 years’ experience in agronomy focusing on: soil tilth and types, NP&K requirements by crop and soil type, grid sampling, manure or other organic fertilizer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in agriculture sales
- Knowledge and understanding of key economic drivers of a successful agronomy business
- Knowledge of logistics and ability to read and produce maps utilizing geospatial software
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to collect, analyze, compile, interpret and distribute various reports
- Ability to determine and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid and logical conclusions
- Excellent public relation skills and phone etiquette
- Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Mathematical Skills: Logical/Analytical, Percentages, Fractions, Moderate Algebra
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet
- Advanced English: fluent in speaking, reading and writing
- Knowledge of SST software or other crop planning software
- Certified crop advisor certification
- Class A CDL or willing to obtain