There is an exciting opportunity for a Fruit & Vegetable Manager in a permanent part time role (30 hours p/week) Monday- Thursday at our Arts & Industrial Estate, Byron Bay store. The Fruit & Vegetable Manager will be responsible for cultivating the Santos mission of empowering people and communities to live in a healthy and regenerative way through the fruit and vegetable produce section of this store.
You will have experience in managing a produce department, preferably with Organics. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a challenge, would like to make a difference and is passionate about our brand.
About us the organisation:
Santos Organics has been operating for 45 years and is an innovative Environmental Not-for-Profit organisation that uses clean food and natural products to fund environmental and social health initiatives through ongoing grants and donations. We are passionate about empowering people and communities to live in a healthy and sustainable way.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all fruit and vegetable stock and procedures relating to fruit and vegetable stock control, including purchasing and wastage.
- Ensuring that all products made and/or sold are of the highest quality and freshness.
- Ensuring that all systems and procedures for stock control and display are implemented and monitored.
- Training and educating fruit and vegetable produce assistants (and any other Santos staff required), in all fruit and vegetable products, systems and procedures used at Santos
- Staying up to date and informed on all Santos products so that you can help recommend, select and locate the right product for the customers’ needs.
- Ensuring that WH&S and Food Safety standards and legislation are maintained and followed.
- Following all reasonable directions in regards to work tasks issued by management.
- Organising and maintaining the cleanliness of the store.
- Undertake market research to determine prices and availability in competitors’ establishments.
- Implementing and monitoring all systems and procedures to reduce security issues
- Organising different weekly in-store specials on selected fruit and vegetable items.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills & knowledge:
- Ideally you will have had experience in a grocery store environment within the Fruit & Vegetable department preferably with Organics
- Experience working on Organic farms is a bonus
- Being able to work autonomously in your department while showing a high degree of initiative is important
- A passion for Organic fruit and vegetables and healthy food choices that benefit our planet
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
To be successful in this role you will have the following attributes:
- Passionate about tasty, ethical and environmental fruit and vegetable choices
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Show initiative and be willing to think outside of the box and proactively provide solutions
- A passion for our mission and a desire to help grow our business
- Reporting: You will be reporting to the Store Manager
Why work for Santos Organics?
When you work for Santos Organics you will be joining a team who are pioneering the way that consumer spending can re-shape the food system, environment and our communities. We run on 100% renewable energy and are an environmental not-for-profit social enterprise. We also offer some pretty awesome team benefits including an instore discount.
Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.