Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture and natural resource management? Do you have extensive knowledge of the challenges facing the grazing community? Is building and maintaining effective and valued relationships one of your key strengths? We are looking for these qualities in a Senior Grazing Field Officer.
This position will support the adoption of best management practices in the grazing industry within the Burdekin Dry Tropics region. The Senior Grazing Field Officer will support and facilitate:
- An improved understanding of links between grazing land management practices and condition of natural resources;
- Adoption of grazing best management practices;
- The delivery of education, training and targeted incentives to support landholder undertake practice change; and
- The establishment of property plans and land condition monitoring sites in risk areas.
- Experience and/or technical skills/knowledge of grazing management practices;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in landholder engagement, facilitation, public presentations and organising workshops and events;
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise assessments, case studies and reports; and to liaise and communicate on complex matters with a range of stakeholders;
- 4. High-level organisational skills, including the ability to follow processes and organize and prioritise work activities in a demanding, busy environment, while meeting targets;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering activities to achieve milestones within project budget and me frames; and
- 6. Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, the Google suite of applications and ArcGIS.
For more information, please read the Guide to Applicants and Position Description.