Enviro-dynamics is a growing environment consultancy specialising in a wide range of environmental consulting and natural resource management projects. We are looking to add a full time experienced, motivated environmental consultant to our team.
- Plan, co-ordinate and lead field survey work, and ensure that field work is undertaken in an efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for project, team and budget management and ensure that projects are conducted and managed in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Provide research and logistical support and leadership.
- Provide leadership and/or assistance with environmental management projects including Environmental Impact Assessments, environmental monitoring and Environmental Assessments and NRM projects.
- Provide technical advice, support and development across broader Enviro-dynamics business.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Provide high quality, technically accurate reports within established deadlines and in accordance with current established templates.
- Build, develop and nurture enduring client relationships.
- Attend client meetings and deliver presentations as and when required.
- QA Review peer reports of other Enviro-dynamics team members and provide comment.
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Ecology and/or Environmental Science or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 5+ years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
Skills and Knowledge, you’ll bring to our team:
- Extensive experience undertaking ecological surveys with well-developed flora and fauna field ID skills.
- Experience in preparing environmental reports such as natural values impact assessments, weed management plans, rehabilitation plans and bushfire risk management plans. Ideally you will be a certified bushfire practitioner or have at least provisional certification.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies. A strong familiarity with the Tasmania and local government planning scheme provisions is a distinct advantage.
- Strong organisational, time and project management skills.
- Ability to write succinct, well structured reports.
- GPS and GIS experience (QGIS preferred).
- We offer a fantastic working environment
- Very flexible working hours.
- Professional learning and development opportunities.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Loads of not for profit conservation activities to be involved in.
- Community fundraising events and a focus on contributing to positive landscape change.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Work in a fast-paced experienced team.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees and directors.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
- Be involved with practical projects that make a real difference.
Enviro-dynamics is a team of environmental scientists who specialise in landscape management. Our broad range of skills cover delivery of natural resource management, environmental impact assessment and ecological research and development. We work with a wide range of clients including primary producers, industry, state and local government, NRM organisations, NGOs and private landholders.
More details about the position here.