Tranen Revegetation Systems has been one of the industry leaders since 2002 in the management of native revegetation projects throughout the southwest. We currently have an opening for a full-time Project Supervisor to join our Southwest team based in Busselton.
Reporting to the Southwest Director, and working closely with the project managers, you will help us achieve our core goal of delivering high quality bushland rehabilitation outcomes on our projects throughout the greater Southwest each year. The role will be predominantly field based but may also involve providing additional office support to the project managers when required.
Our ideal candidate has a base knowledge of our local environment and issues commonly faced in managing them, gained through practical experience. They will also be a self-confident individual that knows their role within a team, being able to provide both support and leadership as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Assist with implementing revegetation and seed collection projects by:
- Ensuring that internal standards and HS&E legislation are met, with safety given paramount importance;
- Working closely with project managers to understand and deliver project scope;
- Co-ordinating field personnel and their tasks;
- Overseeing field activity quality control;
- Tracking progress, productivity, and timesheets including updating registers;
- Training, coaching, and mentoring field technicians; and
- Undertaking other activities related to on-ground project delivery.
Education & Qualifications
- Completed as a minimum Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management or related qualification;
- Field based experience in the revegetation, environmental, landscaping, forestry, horticulture or related industries;
- Current manual driver’s license essential;
- Current Pesticide Technician Licence (desirable); and
- Chainsaw operation and maintenance ticket (desirable).
- Effective communication and information retention;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined leader;
- Situational awareness and ability to analyse and pre-empt problems;
- Organised, systematic, and process driven;
- Focus on detail and outcomes;
- Composure under pressure; and
- Understand role within team and influence / impact on others.
Experience and Credentials
- Experience in seed collection and revegetation methods;
- Knowledge of Southwest native and weed species;
- Experience operating and maintaining parks and gardens mechanical hand tools (i.e. brushcutters, augers, blowers, etc.);
- Experience in manual and chemical weed management techniques;
- Leadership experience at work, sport, and/or community service.
- A focus on quality and safety.
The works undertaken by Tranen require staff to be physically fit, as field works are varied and physically demanding. Tranen have a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy in the workplace and undertake random testing.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated based on experience and skill set of the successful applicant.