Vernon Family Farm is located on 33 conserved acres in Newfields, NH along the Piscassic River. Founded in 2014 by Jeremiah and Nicole Vernon, the farm has grown to include three kids, Magnolia, Indigo, and Pingree, over ten employees, a diversified, pastured livestock operation, the launching of Wicked Chicken, an outdoor event series that focuses on chicken and community, and a robust and thriving, year-round, farm store.
We specialize in the production of nonGMO pastured meats. All our livestock is able to roam the pastures, eating a diverse diet of foods while enjoying the sun and outdoors.
About the Job
We’re looking for an organized, positive, and farm-loving individual to manage our online and in-person farm store, farmers markets, CSA, and wholesale and distribution. If you’re looking to work with a tight-knit crew, get away from the monotony of the 9-5, and you’re not afraid to get your hands a little dirty, read on!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Being the primary farm store liaison for vendors
- Managing wholesale and retail customer communications, including in-person, email, phone call and texting platforms
- Overseeing staff responsibilities
- Preparing managers reports for weekly meetings
- Inventory management
- Product purchasing
- Creating and implementing processes that increase efficiency and are easily replicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Attention to detail
- An eye for product display and layout/flow
- A systems creator and follower
- Proficiency in creating and managing spreadsheets
- Staff management
- Able to apply creative and critical thought to the task at hand while also recognizing its impact on the larger process
- Great with people, enjoy conversation, and good with kids
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the products VFF produces and sells
- Excellent communicator and capable of handling direct conversations
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Five years of marketing, sales and/or working in the food sector ideally at farmers markets, a farm store, or farm-related market space.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid state-issued driver's license
For more information about the job, click here.