Our Business is Biorationals:
At Valent BioSciences, our focus is on building the strongest portfolio of biorational solutions to improve agricultural productivity, protect public health, and keep our forests beautiful. It's all part of our commitment to creating value for our customers around the world — and doing so in a sustainable way. We invite you to explore our offerings and learn how Valent BioSciences can help you make a positive difference in your world.
About the Job:
Manage and execute a field trial program focused on the discovery and early development of soil- or seed-applied new microbial rhizosphere products for improved plant and soil health. Serve as Lead Scientist for soil health.
- Design, plan, manage, analyze, and interpret field trial experiments to discover and evaluate new leads and make suggestions regarding research direction.
- Assist in small-scale production of microbial inoculants for field trials.
- Provide technical support to long-term soil health studies across the globe.
- Responsible for the development, execution, analyses and interpretation of lab, greenhouse, and field experiments to measure soil health indicators.
- Internal and external data presentation.
- Support research collaborations with external cooperators.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent field trial research with row crops.
- Hands-on experience working with soil micro-organisms including standard aseptic techniques is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in soil science and soil chemistry is required.
- Prior industry experience in discovery, product development and/or technical product support is a plus.
- A self-starter who is well organized and demonstrates excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities, and to meet timelines with high quality results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Spanish language is a plus.
- Routine use of MS software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of experimental design, statistics and use of associated computer software.
- Prior experience with ARM and SAS (or related software) is required.
Education: M.S. degree in Agronomy or related field with 3-5 years of relevant research experience.
Travel: Domestic/International up to 30-40%