Fitzroy Basin Association Inc. (FBA) is Central Queensland’s leading Natural Resource Management group. FBA strives to protect the region’s ecosystems, wetlands, plants and animals; improve land condition and management practices; and ensure healthy waterways flowing to the reef.
FBA works across an area more than 156,000 km2 in size extending from Nebo in the north to Injune in the south, and west to the Drummond Range. As well as the catchments of the Fitzroy River, we cover adjacent coastal waterways and the Boyne and Calliope Rivers.
FBA coordinates work to achieve natural resource management targets set out in the regional plan, developed in consultation with the wider community. FBA is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the Position
The Community Partnerships Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining strong connections within Central Queensland to maximise opportunities to establish collaborative partnerships with local industry and build community participation and stewardship in NRM.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Community Partnerships Coordinator is accountable for:
- Coordinating FBA’s community education, awareness and engagement activities ;
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for FBA to collaborate on projects with other organisations and key stakeholders to achieve regional outcomes;
- Developing and implementing systems and tools to plan for, measure, report and continually improve the effectiveness of FBA’s engagement;
- Collaborating with FBA staff, community groups and delivery partners to build community capacity, increase stewardship and encourage behaviour (practice) change;
- Enabling and enhancing community participation in NRM;
- Enhancing FBA’s value and connection with key stakeholders group through story-telling, science communication and collaborative long-term planning;
- Maintaining and building external relationships with delivery partners and stakeholders;
- Contributing to and participating in the development of organisational strategies and events;
- Supporting an organisation-wide collaborative approach to the exploration of new initiatives that align with and enable FBA to deliver on the FBA strategic plan, vision and mission;
- Undertake work in a manner that complies with FBA policies, procedures and values; and
- Supporting the corporate strategy and vision of FBA.
Key Performance Areas
Success is measured against key performance indicators in the areas of:
- Planning, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on community participation activities.
- Maintaining and building partnerships with key regional stakeholders and communities.
- Collaborating with FBA projects, community groups and delivery partners.
- Positive contribution to organisational culture and leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
Tertiary qualification in one or more of the following disciplines is desirable: communication, business, community development, agriculture or environment and/or equivalent work experience, relevant to the role’s responsibilities and key performance areas. Technical knowledge of community based natural resource management and demonstrated experience in building and maintaining long-term collaborative partnerships would be highly regarded.
- The Community Partnerships Coordinator will maintain their knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Possession of a current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Ability to travel and spend nights away from the home base to attend meetings, conferences and training.
Reporting and Supervision
This position reports to the Engagement Manager and supervises the following positions:
- Community Participation Officer (Rockhampton); and
- Community Participation Officer (Gladstone).